Thursday, October 14, 2010

Electric Vehicles- The future?

As I write this, I don't want you to think that this website is only going to be about electric cars, because I have already done a post on this subject.  But I wanted to write about the Nissan Leaf.  It will be coming to Canada in 2011 and I for one can't be more excited.  Let's take a look at the facts.  The Leaf can go 160km on a single charge.  Looks and feels like a gas powered car.  But it does not have a tailpipe, no transmission, no timing belt etc.  The idea of not having to go to the gas station or ever have an oil change again is really exciting. They have not announced a price yet for Canada, but if we go by US prices it's going to have a MSRP of $32,000.  In Ontario there is a rebate of $8,500 dollars.  So that drops the price down to $23,500. So you don't have to be a celebrity to own this car.  It will be fun to see how this plays out in the coming year.

Jason

No comments: