Thursday, October 07, 2010

The Future Is Here!

As I pump the $70 fuel into my 2005 Dodge Caravan I think to myself there has to be a better way.  Sure there are Hybrid vehicles out there but, what I want is an affordable pure electric vehicle.  With my latest obsession, I am smitten with the Tesla Roadster.  It's sexy, runs completely on batteries and can do 0-60mph in 3.7 seconds.  Plus it can go 200+ miles on a single charge.  So where do I sign up?  There is just one problem, this car costs over $100,000 dollars!  Tesla is currently working on the Model S which is a sedan that will retail closer to the $50,000 dollar mark.  But what I am really looking forward to, will be the next model after the Model S, which is said to be a mass produced economically affordable vehicle.  I for one can't wait for that day!

No comments: